How to Create a Segmented Audience List
Here you will learn about how to collect audiences segmented with specific flows using the Audience Manager. For example, if you want to collect audiences on a certain page, then every audiences who gives push notification access will be recorded in the Audience Manager.
Do I Need to Use Audience Manager?
If you want to send push notifications in a more segmented or personalized way, then you need to use the Audience Manager. Why? Because when you are going to create a Push Campaign, you will be given the option to send it to an All audiences or a Segmented Audience. All audiences if you want to send to all of your audiences, while the Segmented Audience is only a few audiences who have been listed in the Audience Manager.
Audience Manager works much the same way you would use Labels. The audiences that are collected in Audience Manager will also be useful later if you want to send a Push Campaign so that the push notifications that are sent can also be sent to the right people.
In Audience Manager, you will get 2 data, that is Visitor and Audience
Visitors are the number of visitors to which you can send the Banner Audience is the number of audiences you can send Push notifications to
So let’s say you have 7 visitors and 5 audiences. So if you will make a Banner Campaign, those 7 people will get your Banner and your 5 Audiences will not get a Banner. Likewise, if you send a Push Campaign, the 7 registered visitors will not get a Push notification and your 5 Audiences will get a push notification.
To get started, you need to take the following steps:
- Go to “Push Notification” then select “Audience Manager”.
- Click “New Audience”.
- There will be 2 choices of method types for audience gathering, namely Website and Behavior. However, for now you can only use the Website method.
About the method via Website Here you can collect more specific audiences on certain pages based on the website you use. Example: You want to collect audiences from your website i.e. example.com more specifically on the page example.com/sample only.
- In this section you need to fill in several descriptions:
- Audience Name: Fill in the name of the list audience you want.
- Audience Description: A description of the audience that you gather.
- Events: You can choose two options for the rules you want. The two options for Events are All Website Audiences (For opt-in applications for all pages on the website and Landing Page if you activate it) and Visit Specific Web Pages (For opt-in applications on certain pages only).
In the Visit Specific Web Pages option, you will be asked to choose from 3 options that appear to provide more detail on the specific web page you want. Here are the details of 3 options:
If you want to record audiences on one specific page.
Example: You use the link example.com/case1. Then every audiences who allows opt-in on the
case1page will be recorded as an audience. If later there are still pages after
case1, such as example.com/case1/case1-2, then if a vaudiencesisitor makes an allow opt-in on the case1-2 page, they will not be recorded as an audience.
If you want to record audiences on one page and several pages after that.
Example: You use the link example.com/case1. So every page after case1, if there are audiences who allow opt-in, it will still be recorded. For example, with an example link like example.com/case1/case1-2. Then every audiences who allows opt-in on page
case1-2, will be recorded in as a audience.
If you want to record audiences who do not open a certain page.
Example: You enter the link example.com/case1. Then every audiences who makes an allow opt-in on the example.com link and all other pages will be recorded as an audience, except on the
case1page. So the exception on the
case1page, will not be recorded in the audience.
Tip: If you use push notifications on the MTARGET Website and Landing Page, then you want to collect audiences on either of these two options. Like the website only or MTARGET Landing Page only. Then you can use the Visit Specific Web Pages option, then fill in either with your website or the MTARGET Landing Page.
- You can also add additional settings in the Advance Segment. It’s important to know, you need to select at least 1 data each from all the options in the Advance Segment if you want to use it. So, you need to fill in all the data in the Advance Segment. You can’t choose if it’s only Country, without selecting Browser, and so on.
Here are some settings options in the Advance Segment:
- Country: Record the audiences who come from the selected country.
- City: Record the audiences from the selected city.
- Browser: Record the audiences who use the selected browser.
- Operating System: Record the audiences who use the selected Operating System.
NOTE: In Country and City section, the data that appears here are country and city data from audiences who HAVE visited your website. So, you can only select the city and country of the audiences who have visited your website.
If you have filled in all the settings, here you should have succeeded in creating the Audience List you want. Later the system will record all audiences who match the qualifications of the audience that you have created.
After the audience has gathered the way you want, later when creating the Campaign, in the Recipient section, you only need to select ‘Segmented Audience’ and choose the list that you have created.