About the Email Domain Blacklist
How to Warm Up an Email Domain
Sender Email Domain Authentication Settings
Manage Sender Profile and Email Validation
How to Delete Contacts and Labels
SPF, DKIM & DMARC Domain Authentication Guide
MailChimp Data Migration to MTARGET
Obtaining Subscriber Email Data
Email Marketing Glossary
How to Whitelist MTARGET on Office 365
About Shared IP and Dedicated IP
About Spam Filters
Guide to Creating Welcome Email with the MTARGET Feature
How to Import and Add New Contacts
Soft Bounce and Hard Bounce
MailChimp Data Migration to MTARGET
In this article, we give you guidance on what is needed to move from MailChimp to MTARGET so that all data that you get through MailChimp can be used at MTARGET. We would love to welcome you! We are sure you will be satisfied with our tools.
In this guide, you will learn about:
Move email contact data from MailChimp
You can move the list of email contacts that you have in MailChimp, into your MTARGET account. In exporting contacts, their contacts will be entered into the MTARGET Contact Book. Here’s how:
- In your MailChimp account, enter the ‘Audience’ menu.
- Select View Contact.
- Click Export Audience.
- Wait for the download process. When finished, you will receive a file with a .CSV format. This file will be used to import data in the MTARGET account.
Next, log in to your MTARGET account. If this is your first time using MTARGET, we recommend following the instructions in the Dashboard to do onboarding, or you can read it first here .
- Enter the Contact Book menu.
- Then click the Contact Book dropdown button, then select Import Contact.
- Upload the contact file in .CSV format
- Make sure the data format in your file is the way you want it, or you can download our contact sample to check whether the email data format is correct. Then click the checklist for data import approval.
- The system will check the data first.
- If there is confirmation that the data is valid, then the data is ready to be imported into your MTARGET account. Don’t forget, label it so that you can more easily send to certain contacts.
Please note, that if you import a contact that exceeds the quota provided, then the contact will only partially enter the full quota. You can also update contact information by re-importing without reducing your contact quota.
Move Email Templates from MailChimp
You can move the existing email templates in your MailChimp account into your MTARGET account. The way is easy enough.
- Use the “My Data Backup” option to backup your data in a MailChimp account by highlighting your MailChimp account, then select Account.
- Click Settings. Then select Manage My Data.
- After that, click Backup My Data. Existing data in your MailChimp account will be sent to the previously registered e-mail account.
- Open the email account that you registered, then download the data.
After downloading, you will get a .zip file format. Extract the file, then select the Campaigns_content folder. Inside it will be an HTML file which is your Email Template that was in MailChimp before. The next step is to enter the template into your MTARGET account in the following way:
- Select the Email Marketing menu.
- Then select Create Email.
- Select HTML Email. You will be asked to upload data to your HTML file, then enter your HTML template file.
- After that, click Import File. Then you will automatically enter our Compose Email menu.
After you have finished migrating your data into an MTARGET account, the next thing to do is to understand the features in MTARGET. It’s not much different from what is in MailChimp, but we guarantee you will get comfort by using our features. The following are the features that you need to know:
Contact Book If in MailChimp they named it as Audience, then at MTARGET they have a Contact Book. The function is almost the same, to manage the contact list that is on the MTARGET account. Complete with Label to segment contacts, if in MailChimp they name it as Tags.
Email Marketing In MailChimp you will recognize it by the name of the Newsletter, while in MTARGET you will recognize it as Email Marketing. With almost the same features to do Email Blast.
Email Automation In sending emails that already have scenarios and will be sent automatically, MailChimp is known as Marketing Automation. While at MTARGET, there is a similar feature called Email Automation. You can compose scenarios with certain triggers, and also you can compose when the email is to be sent. All of that is summarized in the Flow that you want to create.
Form Has the same way of working with MailChimp and has the same name, the Form feature. You can easily create forms that can be customized according to what you want.
Report Having the same name as MailChimp, you can see the full email delivery report. Starting from the sent rate, open rate, click through rate, bounce rate, unopened rate to the unsubscribe rate. Not only that, there are still many reports that you will get such as the location of the email recipient, the browser used until the device used and many more.
You have learned what needs to be done and known when migrating via MailChimp to MTARGET. Easy enough right? We will be very happy if you can join us. If you still have questions that you want to ask, don’t hesitate to ask with us on Live Chat at the bottom right. We will always accept and answer your questions.