Google Forms integration with Zapier
In this article you will learn how to integrate your MTARGET account with Google Forms through Zapier. So, when you want to use Google Forms, all the response data that you get will be integrated so that it will go directly to your MTARGET account. This integration functions to get contacts through Google Forms, using Zapier as a third party.
Before you get started, make sure you have set up Google Forms. Once completed, you can follow the steps below to integrate your MTARGET account with Zapier to get data from Google Forms:
Setting Up Integration
Open your zapier account, then click ‘My Apps’ and search for mtarget.co on the search bar.
- Next, you will be asked to fill out the Token API. Open your MTARGET account, then enter the Integration menu. There will appear the Token API. Copy and paste it in the column on the Zapier page. Then click the ‘Yes, Continue’ button.
- To confirm whether the integration has been successful, you can click the ‘Test’ button. Then if the ‘Success’ notification appears, then the integration of your MTARGET account into Zapier has been successful.
- Return to the ‘My Apps’ page on Zapier. Search for ‘Google Forms’ in the search bar. You will be asked to login to your Google account.
Prepare the Trigger
Here you have successfully integrated Google Forms into your MTARGET account. Next, you will set up a trigger.
- Prepare your google form.
- Select the form that you want to link.
- Make sure your form has the following fields:
- First name
- Label This field is required to be able to save its data in your MTARGET account.
- Then make sure your form is connected to the spreadsheet, here’s how to connect it:
- Select the response tab.
- Then choose a spreadsheet.
- Then select an existing spreadsheet or you can create a new one.
- Now back to your Zapier account. Click the ‘Zaps’ menu, then click the ‘Create a Zap’ button.
- Here you will begin to determine the flow for integration. First, select ‘Google Forms’
- Under ‘Choose Trigger Event’, select ‘New response in spreadsheet’. Then click ‘Continue’.
- In ‘Choose Account’, select your integrated Google account. Then click ‘Continue’.
- Then in ‘Customize Response’, select the Spreadsheet file that you have prepared. Then choose Worksheet from your Spreadsheer file.
- After completing the data above, a page will appear below to test whether the data is entered or not.
You do this by trying to open the google form that you linked earlier, then fill out the form after submitting then click Test Triger, if the data that appears the same as the one you filled previously means that Google has successfully connected with Zapier.
Defines the Action
- Return to the ‘My Apps’ menu then select ‘MTARGET’.
- Then select ‘Choose Action Event’, select ‘Save Contact’ then select continue.
- Select your MTARGET account, then click ‘Continue’.
- Then do Customize Contact
Here you can specify which fields will be filled with email, firstname and label.
- Then the sample data will appear to be sent to the target contact, select ‘Test & Continue’.
When finished filling all the stages you can click Done Editing.
- First check the flow that you have prepared. If you have confirmed that the integration flow is correct, click the switch button at the top right for ‘Turn On Zap’.
You have successfully integrated your MTARGET account with Google Froms through zapier. After this all data will be synchronized. You can try to fill out the form then check it in your MTARGET Contact Book.