How to Integrate MTARGET Pages with Google Tag Manager
Now you can integrate Google Tag Manager with Page MTARGET. Google Tag Manager functions to manage all pixel tags that you install on the Page. For example, in the pixel tag, you will usually install the pixel tag code manually, which is to enter the pixel tag code directly. But here, later you will only fill in one pixel tag code from Google Tag Manager, otherwise if you want to add a pixel tag code it will be done directly through Google Tag Manager. Note, only pixels are available in Google Tag Manager.
So, make sure that before doing the Google Tag Manager integration, you already have an account on the platform that provides pixels which you can later attach to your Google Tag Manager account.
To integrate Google Tag Manager into the MTARGET Page, here’s how you need to do it. You need to prepare a Google Tag Manager account first.
- Visit the following page for access to Google Tag Manager.
- Then “Sign in to Tag Manager”.
- Click “Create Account”.
- Fill in your account information. On the web section, fill in the default link of your MTARGET Page. For example, mailtrgt.com, or andika.mailtrgt.com. Not with subdomain links, such as for example.mailtrgt.com/page or andika.mailtrgt.com/test-page.
- Then on the target platform, select Web.
- After all filled in, click “Create”.
- Next you will be brought into your Google Tag Manager workspace. Here you will start activating Tags. Click the “New Tag” button to add your new Tag.
- First, click on “Tag Configuration” to select the tags you want to add. Later you will also enter the pixel ID that you get from the pixel you want to add.
- Second, select Trigger. You can select a trigger, at what time Google Tag Manager will record the incoming data. Generally here will select ‘All Pages’, so all activity on your Page will be recorded. But if you want to add another scenario, click the ‘+’ in the upper right corner.
- After making sure all the configuration has been completed, click ‘Save’.
- If added successfully, a notification will appear on the ‘Live Version’.
- At this point, if you still want to add another pixel code, you can add it first like the previous method.
- When you have finished adding the pixel code you want. Click the ‘Submit’ button.
- Fill in ‘Version name’ with the name you want. Then click the ‘Publish’ button.
Furthermore, at this point you should have successfully set up Google Tag Manager. Now is the time to integrate it into the MTARGET Page.
- After you log in, go to the Page menu.
- Select ‘Page Integration’.
- Search for Google Tag Manager, then click the ‘View Details’ button.
- After entering the Google Tag Manager integration page, here you will be asked to enter the ID of the Google Tag Manager that you created earlier.
- Log in to your Google Tag Manager account, and look for Container ID. Generally, the ID will start with ‘GTM-xxxxxx’. Copy the code, then return to the Google Tag Manager integration page on MTARGET.
- Paste it into the column, then click ‘Save’.
Here you have successfully integrated Google Tag Manager with Page MTARGET. To check whether Google Tag Manager has been successfully applied to your MTARGET Page, use Tag Assistant which can be accessed in a browser Google Chrome to check whether Google Tag Manager has been installed successfully or not.
If you have Tag Assistant installed, you will be asked to activate it. If later there is a red notification in the Tag Assitant, then your Page has not been successful with Google Tag Manager. But if there is a green notification in the Tag Assitant, then the Page that you have integrated has been successfully integrated with Google Tag