Crisp integration through Zapier for MTARGET
Here you will learn how to integrate Crisp with MTARGET through Zapier to get each contact data that contacts you via Crisp live chat. Before entering the stage at Zapier, make sure you have activated the option to fill in the email address as follows:
Settings> Website Settings> Chatbox & Email Settings> Chatbox Behavior> Activate ‘Force visitors to identify themselves (email or phone)’
By activating the configuration above, each user will fill their email before continuing to chat with you. After activating, you can start setting up integration in Zapier with the following steps:
Setting Up Integration
Open your zapier account, then click ‘My Apps’ and search for mtarget.co on the search bar.
- Next, you will be asked to fill out the Token API. Open your MTARGET account, then enter the Integration menu and select Zapier. There will appear the Token API. Copy and paste it in the column on the Zapier page. Then click the ‘Yes, Continue’ button.
- To confirm whether the integration has been successful, you can click the ‘Test’ button. Then if the ‘Success’ notification appears, then the integration of your MTARGET account into Zapier has been successful.
- Now move to your Crisp account. In the sidebar, select ‘Plugin’ and install Zapier first on Crisp. When finished, now return to your Zapier account.
- Go to the ‘My Apps’ page on Zapier. Search for ‘Crisp’ in the search bar. You will be asked to login to your Crisp and Crisp ID account. You can find the Crisp ID in Settings, then select ‘Setup Instructions’. There will appear a Crisp ID that you need to copy to Zapier.
Here you have successfully added Crisp to your Zapier account.
Set the Trigger
Now it’s time you will integrate Crisp into your MTARGET account. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Enter the Zap menu, then click the ‘Create zap’ button.
- Set the title of your zap.
- Then in the search bar, select ‘Crisp’. Then in ‘Choose Trigger Event’, select ‘New Contact’.
- Select your Crisp account.
Then the system will try to integrate with Crisp. If at this stage you fail, you can try to fill in the data first in Crisp via Live Chat as a sample to be read by the Zapier system.
- Click the ‘Continue’ button.
Define the Action
- Next, type MTARGET in the search bar. Then click.
- Under ‘Choose Action Event’, select ‘Save Contact’.
- After that you will do ‘Customize Contact’. Here you will determine the columns that correspond to the required fields such as Email, Firstname and Label as shown below
Note: Fill in the Label field with the Label name you want registered in the Contact Book.
Then the sample data will appear to be sent to the contact in the MTARGET Contact Book account. Click ‘Test & Continue’.
When finished, you can check all the integration flows that you have made. Make sure it’s appropriate. If it feels right, click ‘Done Editing’. Then ‘Turn on Zap’ to enable integration.
After integration, all data entered through Live Chat from Crisp will be synchronized to your MTARGET Contact Book.